Thursday, July 26, 2012

Perch Pub - Center City Sips

Perch Pub
1345 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Northeast corner of Broad and Locust Streets
215-546-4090

Philadelphia's Center City Sips has been in full swing for a few weeks now and this week I ended up back at Perch Pub.

Having run around the city in previous weeks we settled on Perch Pub mainly for its beer selection.  The specials for sips have been rather bland and generic at most of the venues.  As nice as it is to get a $3 dollar miller high life or Yeungleung that's hardly enough reason for me to trek in.

Perch Pub offers half price all drafts, 4 dollar house wines, and selected 5 dollar mixed drinks/cocktails which I already forget as I went there for the beer.  There is a rotating draft selection that is always quite nice and varied.

Lastly, there's a back room area with seating with a pool table if the bar gets too crowded.  This is handy for meeting more than a few people out for sips.

Foodwise, the specials include half price fried mozzarella and deviled eggs.  Deviled eggs at a bar is a litlte offputting and weird but I've tried them and they're not bad, just not necessarily something I would think to order with my drinks.

There is a limited menu and one of their stars is their burger along with sides of fries and onion rings.  This time amongst my party we settled with mozz, onion rings, and a burger.  Pictures follow below.

Overall, I'd say Perch Pub is definitely one of my sips beer stables and generally a bar I would go to for their selection of quality draft beers.

Perch Pub - Fried Mozzarella

Perch Pub - Burger

Perch Pub - Onion Rings

No comments:

Post a Comment