Saturday, July 28, 2012

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion was released Wednesday.  I was busy eating and drinking at Center City Sips but when I came home, I logged into Apple's App store and plunked down the $19.99 needed to purchase this os x update.



The download comes in at around 4.37gb and took a while as Apple's servers were a little slammed.

The install will also take a while so I recommend setting aside some time to upgrade where you wont' need your mac for a few hours.

Everything came together smoothly with very little effor involved. 
The only caveat is that I run Windows through Parallels 6 and the OS X Mountain Lion upgrade breaks Parallels.  Looks like I'll need to upgrade to Parallels 7 at some point but for now I'm forced to run Windows with Bootcamp.  Luckily, I do most of my Windows work now on a proper Windows machine so this is not a major issue, just fair warning to those of you not on Parallels 7.  I've also heard through others that some versions of VM are not compatible either.

Apple allows you to install your copy of OS X Mountain Lion on all of the Apple Computers that you own so there is no need to purchase a copy per computer if you have more than one.

Overall the upgrade is rather painless and there are some new fun features.  For 19.99 you really can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment