Friday, November 16, 2012

Shake Shack (Philadelphia, PA)

Shake Shack (Philadelphia, PA)
2000 Sansom Street (at 20th Street)
Phone: 215.809.1742
philly@shakeshack.com
http://www.shakeshack.com/location/philadelphia/

Many New York things are popping up in Philadelphia.  Having lived in NYC for a bit, I am always up for a review of such vendors.  One of the newest additions to Center City is the appearance of a Shake Shack.

In Manhattan, I always enjoyed Shake Shack especially sans a long line for a burger, fries, or a milkshake.  Yesterday, we went out for drinks after work for a friend's birthday.  The birthday boy decided that he wanted to go to Shake Shack.  As I hadn't tried out the Philly Shake Shack yet, who was I to say no.

A key feature of the Shake Shack burger is the hinged bun that is toasted in butter.  The bun is certainly a key feature.  The tomatoes were fresh and flavorful and the beef was very juicy and abundant in meaty taste.  As there was less of a crowd, I'd argue that the burger I had last night was of better quality than some of the tastings I've had in Manhattan.

The option to order beer and wine with your meal is just another perk.

For anyone in the mood for a more classic juicy burger, the Philly Shake Shack is definitely worth checking out. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment