Sunday, November 4, 2012

Nikon Nikkor 35mm 1.8 G Prime Lens

Nikon Nikkor 35mm 1.8G Prime Lens
http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Camera-Lenses/2183/AF-S-DX-NIKKOR-35mm-f%252F1.8G.html

This is my first prime lens.  I made the plunge into prime lenses in order to play with bokeh, have sharper photos and have a lens that is fast and does well in low light. Most of the time, I take photos in dimly lit areas when out with friends.  A flash is a bit distracting and jarring in these settings. I hope to experiment with background blur and low light photography and some portraits and general photos with this lens.

I settled on 35mm over 50mm as 50 is a bit close for my needs.  This lens is a Nikon F Mount and works on all bodies.

The lens comes in a gold nikkor box with a lens hood and a lens pouch.  The build is quite nice and feels very sturdy.  






No comments:

Post a Comment