Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin (Philadelphia, PA)

Pumpkin (Philadelphia, PA)
215-545-4448
1713 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146

http://pumpkinphilly.com/restaurant/

Hours
Tuesday-Sunday
5:30pm-10:00pm

A college friend of mine was in town for some business.  A min-reunion was in order so I made reservations at Pumpkin.  It happened to be restaurant week and I had heard many good reviews. 

The restaurant is small and intimate.  I used Open-Table and the restaurant called to confirm my reservation the night before.  Pumpkin is also a BYOB so I packed a bottle of wine, a malbec, into my camera bag and off we went.

The food was quite good.  Everything was well presented and plated well.  The Tomato amuse bouche was more than a bite, but personally I prefer a more genrous amuse so it worked out.  As is tradition with my friends, everything we ordered that was different was shared.  Amusingly we all settled on the duck so only the duck entre was sampled.  The  desserts were a nice conclusion to the meal.

Pumpkin definitely met the hype and I would highly recommend it as a destination for an intimate meal with a few friends, or a fun date meal.

I was also amused and a bit surprised that the owner followed up with me after I made a few comments on the meal on my card and at open table.  These little touches distinguish them from some other places I have tried in Philadelphia.  I'll be sure to stop by another time.


BYOB











No comments:

Post a Comment