Monday, October 15, 2012

Philadelphia Orchestra (Season Preview)

Philadelphia Orchestra (Season Preview)
The Kimmel Center
Verizon Hall
http://www.philorch.org/

On Saturday, I went to the Philadelphia Orchestra's Season Preview. The show was quite good and showcased one of Philadelphia's cultural gems.  Being a native Philadelphian, this is one of the perks of the city that I have been underutilizing.  Considering it was a free concert, I had to go and I am quite glad that I did.

My only caveat is: the orchestra is supposed to be a classy nice affair.  College students and high schoolers and patrons new to the orchestra, please try to dress up a little more than sweatpants and a hoodie or a tanktop.  Thanks.

I also got to attend the concert seated in the conductor's circle, the area behind the stage.  As a musician it was interesting to be able to watch the performance from that angle.  It made me a bit nostalgic for when I played in an orchestra. I managed to sneak a few photos in before the concert started from the Conductor's Circle before getting yelled at by an usher.  Photos are from my cell phone.




No comments:

Post a Comment