Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Brooklyn Curry Experiment

Brooklyn Curry Experiment
at Public Assembly (70 North 6th Street, between Kent + Wythe)

http://thefoodexperiments.com/

Even though we didn't compete, I attended the Brooklyn Curry Experiment in support of the amateur chefs that had entered dishes. For $15 dollars you get to sample a lot of experimental dishes and a draft brooklyn brewery beer. Not too shabby.

Overall it was a good experience but what's a blog without some critiques/grumbling. Personally, I've been blessed wiht mostly an iron stomach. Some of my friends, after a long and late birthday weekend of drinking were less happy to be sampling various amateur attempts at curry dishes. Curry is also one of those ingredients which can be overused. For the most part all the dishes were good. Unfortuantely some of the subtlties in a dish might have been missed if you had previously just sampled something with a bit of kick. I don't really envy the judges as it was quite hard to reset your pallete each time.

Perhaps in the future, I can help out my friends in another food experiment competition.















No comments:

Post a Comment