Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Estia (Center City, Philadelphia)

Estia (Center City, Philadelphia)
1405 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
http://www.estiarestaurant.com/

I had the pleasure of having lunch at Estia in Center City for a networking reception.  Estia is an upscale Greek restaurant that specializes in whole grilled fish and Greek/Mediterranean cuisine.  For the reception we had a prix fixe menu consisting of a tomato, onion and feta salad; a choice of a main entree (I chose the Moussaka -A traditional Greek casserole layered with seasoned ground beef, sliced eggplant, potatoes and topped with a Kefalograviera béchamel); and lastly with a dessert of walnut honey cake called Karidopita.

I enjoyed the salad/appetizer and my entree was very decadent, rich and filling. The Karidopita was flavorful but not my cup of tea.  The cake was soggy and soaked in a sugary honey liquid which was not my favorite texture in a dessert.

All in all the event was very pleasant and I really enjoyed the layout, ambiance and decor of the restaurant.  The food was overall well done and I look forward to coming back to try other dishes.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment