Saturday, January 26, 2013

Nikon J1 10-30mm Kit Lens Test Photos

In an attempt to be a little more technical, I'm going to be putting the Nikon J1 through a slightly more thorough user test. 

Now that I have played with the Nikon D5100 for a few months and done a little homework, I am better able to judge competancies and end results of cameras and photographs (by no means on a pro level, more as a hobby)

I have no qualms carrying my DSLR with me at all times, but I can definitely see the perks of having a smaller decently high quality camera as well.  I'm aware I'm a little behind the times but with the price point of the J1 and V1 dropping down to about 300 dollars with a kit lens for a savy shopper, it might be time to re-evaulate Nikon's 1 series of cameras.

So far:

Pros: light weight, extremely speedy auto focus, super easy for a point and shoot user to pick up and use.

Cons: manual adjustments require using a clunky interface, smaller sensor, limited lenses (but that is improving)

Note: for any of you lens/physics afficianados out there.  The Nikon 1 uses a compact mirror-less sensor system (10.1 Megapixel CX format CMOS sensor) The Nikon 1 CX sensor yields a 2.7x field of view magnification factor.  A 10mm lens on the Nikon 1 is equivalent to a 27mm field of view on a standard camera.

The included kit lens is a Nikon 1 Nikkor 10-30mm/f3.5-5.6 VR Zoom
This yields approximately an equivalent 27mm - 80mm lens on a standard camera.

First sample image: Flowers on my Kitchen Table

1/30 F4 ISO 3200 14.5mm on a Nikon J1 10-30mm Kit Lens

 

No comments:

Post a Comment