Saturday, October 5, 2013

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Unboxing 2013-10-04

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Unboxing 2013-10-04

This will be more of an iAngus review post.

For those of you who know me or follow this blog, I imagine you're all aware that I enjoy gadgets and tech.  I own an iPad.  I like my iPad quite a bit, but for reading a novel or proper text like a book, its still just not quite that good.  It's too bright, its too heavy.  I have narrowly avoided smashing myself in the face when the iPad slips from my hands while reading in a reclined position.  As I already own an iPad retina, I decided to look into the Paperwhite Kindle and skip over the other color high res Kindles.  I wanted something that was light, easy to carry, and small.

Meet the Kindle Paperwhite.  It continues with amazon's "paperwhite" tech which allows for high contrast with text in various lighting and is much easier on the eyes.  Its significantly smaller than the original sized iPad and is much lighter.  It hooks into the Amazon marketplace and if you're an Amazon Prime subscriber, it even allows you to check out, or borrow, a book a month.

Granted, I've only had the device for a few days but I've already read a short novel on it and enjoyed the experience.  I imagine this will help me to enjoy a little more of my backlog of novels and books that I have been meaning to get to.  The cover I purchased reminds a bit of the covers for ipads that use the magnetic lock stolen from the original blackberry covers.  When the magnet is in place the screen goes to sleep, when the magnet is moved the device comes on.  Simple, but effective.








1 comment:

  1. Just got me one of these, too. It's smaller than my old nook and has a better screen. I miss the hardware buttons for turning the page, though.

    Can't wait for a jailbreak to come out so I can... I don't know - but it seems like fun.

    ReplyDelete