Friday, December 27, 2019

Peak Design Slide Lite Strap 2019-12-27

Peak Design Slide Lite Strap 2019-12-27
Product: https://www.peakdesign.com/products/slide-lite

It took me a while to find a camera strap that I enjoyed using with my gear.  I've tried a few other straps and have finally found one that suits my needs.  Enter the Peak Design Slide Lite Strap.  This strap has been updated and enhanced by Peak Design, I am currently using an older design of the strap but it suits my needs perfectly.

Peak utilizes its custom Anchor Link system that enables the user to quickly connect the strap to their camera.  Once you get used to the system, you can detach and reattach the strap to different anchors and devices.  As I have an older version of the strap, my anchor mount on the bottom of the camera is significantly larger.  It does work with peak design's capture mount though.

Even though the slide lite is billed for mirrorless and light DSLR cameras, I prefer it over the slide as the thickness of the strap is much slimmer.  Dual quick-adjusters allow easy reconfiguration of length.  For anyone who fiddles with their strap length and shifts between using it as a neck strap, sling, or shoulder strap, peak design's straps are very versatile.

As I generally like to use it as a shoulder strap, the anchor mount on the bottom of my camera enables this functionality best.  The strap comes with a hex screw for the times where I need to remove the anchor mount to use with a tripod.  With the anchor link system, I can easily reconfigure the strap to be used as a neck strap.

Pricing is a bit high but after using peak design gear for a while, the convenience of being able to switch straps amongst gear and configure it to suit my needs on the fly, it's worth it.

Peak Design Slide Lite Strap
Peak Design Slide Lite Strap
Peak Design Slide Lite Strap
Peak Design Slide Lite Strap


No comments:

Post a Comment