Sunday, March 16, 2014

Clutch (Hoxton London, UK) 2014-03-11

Clutch (Hoxton London, UK) 2014-03-11
4 Ravenscroft Street
London E2 7QG
Phone: 020 7729 4402
020 7729 4402
Web: http://www.clutchchicken.com/

My lovely and gracious host in London was in the mood for fried chicken after work and suggested checking out Clutch for a late dinner.  Clutch is a relatively new comer to the Hoxton London area focusing on free range chicken fried in groundnut oil.

We settled on the spicy wings, soy glazed chicken bucket (~ 3 pieces of fried chicken: wing, thigh, breast), a basil cocktail each, a beet and mozzarella appetizer, side of french fries, and a red bell pepper dipping sauce.

The spicy chicken wings were hands down my favorite item.  They were delicious, crispy, and on the spicier side, just the way I like my wings.  The soy glazed chicken was also very crispy due to the groundnut oil and was more than adequately sauced in salty sweet soy glaze.

If I lived in London near Clutch, I would be there anytime I had a chicken craving.  They offer various other versions of the chicken that we sampled and I would be very curious to try the other variations. The cocktail was definitely a nice compliment to the flavorful fried chicken.

Lastly, the bill came in a wooden egg and was a humorous play on the the chicken and the egg.  I approve.














No comments:

Post a Comment