Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nikon 40mm f/2.8G AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor Lens

Nikon 40mm f/2.8G AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor Lens
Lens runs approximately $280 USD.

I made the splurge on my first macro lens, Nikon uses the micro designation for its macro lenses. Confusing, yes.

As my photography focus generally is more on candids,  people, scenery, and food, I didn't want to make a large splurge on a very zoomed in macro lens (e.g. 80 or 100mm)  The 40mm macro allows for closer focus ranges and also allows for general 40mm photography so I decided on trying this lens out.  It might not fit my general use purposes as well as my 35mm f/1.8G prime lens especially in low light but I am already seeing major differences in up close photos so the balance between the two lenses in usage will need to be explored.  More to come over time.





No comments:

Post a Comment