Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sakura (Chinatown, Philadelphia)

Sakura (Chinatown, Philadelphia, PA)
1038 Race St
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Neighborhood: Chinatown
(215) 873-8338

Soup dumplings; Sichuan bowl/pot of beef, tofu, fish, and veggies; string beans; and half a cripsy duck were ordered at Sakura in Chinatown for dinner tonight.

The Sichuan dish is a four person serving and is the mah-lah type of spicy.  I would advise asking them to tone it down unless you like the mouth numbing heat extra strong.  Sadly, we had to have our veggies redone as they were too salty but the waitress was more than happy to have the chef refire the dish with a lot less salt.  The beans were fresh and yummy both times just oversalted the first time.  To continue with the oversalted theme, the duck was also a bit oversalted but at least it was edible so we let it slide.

As a side note, I didn't have my DSLR on me so photos in this posting are from my iPhone 5. 





No comments:

Post a Comment