Friday, December 14, 2012

Pho Cali (Chinatown, Philadelphia)

Pho Cali (Chinatown, Philadelphia)
1000 Arch Street (At North 10th Street)
Philadelphia, PA
Phone: 215 629-1888

Menu from yelp: http://www.yelp.com/menu/pho-cali-vietnamese-restaurant-philadelphia

Wednesday, I went out with a few friends from grad school.  Now that we're corporate, business card roulette was played at Milkboy, then we followed up Wednesday happy hour with Hop Sing Laundromat.  Drinks are delicious and strong there.  If you haven't been to ether place by now check both out.  They're both jewels of Philadelphia in my opinion.  Photos aren't allowed in Lee's establishment and as I always enjoy myself and his drinks, I will abide as banishment is not worth it.

To sober up/regain our bearings, Bahn Mi or vietnamese hoagies (yes, I'm philadelphian, its a hoagie) was desired.  Unfortunately, QT (a nice little small sandwich shop run by two friends and their adorable grandmothers) was closed.  Luckily Pho Cali stays open later than QT and offers delicious Pho as well.  To relive many a meal from grad school, we induldged ourselves.  It was delicious and I have to agree with Tony Bourdain.  Pho after drinking is delightful, it is not just a morning after hangover cure, although that also fits the bill. 








 



No comments:

Post a Comment