Friday, December 14, 2012

Dixie Quicks (Council Bluffs, Iowa)

Dixie Quicks
Council Bluffs, Iowa  51503
http://dixiequicks.com/
Menu: http://dixiequicks.com/menu/

I made at trip out to the midwest to visit a friend.  I have never been to the midwest.  Now I have.

One of the brunch places I visited over the weekend was Dixie Quicks.  It is a small restaurant that features a blend of Southern Cooking with Cajun, Tex-Mex and Southwest elements.  There is also an art gallery for local artists on display along with the restaurant.  We browsed while waiting for a table for brunch.  It was a nice touch.

The menu changes daily and the items of the day are written on a chalk board daily and items are removed when ingredients run out.  Sadly, I was one order too late to try the eggs benedict but settled with the chicken fried steak with potatoes.

The decor and ambiance were fun and were quite hipster, the clientelle also ranged from midwest local to rather hardcore hipster. (a bit surprising to me as I think Williamsburg or Northern Liberties, not Iowa with the hipster style)

Overall it was a nice fun brunch and it is worth checking out in the off chance you're out in Council Bluffs, Iowa or Omaha, Nebraska.









No comments:

Post a Comment